WHAT A DAY OF WORK on Saturday April 9, 2011!!
We got very much accomplished in the new zendo and in the garden....But let's step back a bit for an update before the work day.
During the week before we worked with our floor expert and decided to have the zendo floor taken up professionally. They cleaned, denailed and bundled it and took it to an industrial place where the floor will be planed. It will be ready for installation when we have the zendo completed.
We also decided to take off all of the wainscoting in order to sheet rock and insulate the whole of the zendo.
The zendo was very empty and fairly clean on Saturday morning. Then the many people from the Sangha arrived and work energy arose and arose and arose until it finally disappear at the end of the day. This is what we accomplished:
1. 60 sheets of sheet rock and 30 big bales of insulation were unloaded from the truck to the zendo
2. Most of the zendo is insulated
3. New blocks were cut and put in place between the studs in the zendo...almost completed
4. Sheetrock was put up in about 1/2 of the zendo
At the same time:
1. A yard of compost was delivered and spread throughout the garden area
2. Grass was removed to make a new area for plants along the back west part of our property
3. Conical apples tress were planted
4. Many, many plants found their new homes
1. Carrie worked on a non toxic way of removing paint in the stairway area
2. Half of the wainscoting was denailed
3. Lots of cleaning and things moved and organized
Neighbors dropped by, people worked, talked, ate, learned new skills and enjoyed the day. And the weather was beautiful!
Thanks to the folks from Great Vow and the food that they brought. We now have a microwave so lunch is much easier to prepare.
Saturday Worker Bees:
Kojun, Kotetsu, Betty, Sam
Brad, Ryushin, Lowell, Tony, Bansho, Gensho, Zac, Fred, Greg, Julie, David Weiss,
Fuho, Carrie, Barry, Evan, David E., Nestor, Seiko
Nan, Matthew, Roberta, Levi, Steven, Elise, Eimyo, Jason, Heather,
Hogen and Kodo
Please let me know if I missed anyone.
THANKS TO EVERYONE for today's work and those who helped get things ready (Robert, Doug, Zac, Nan and Allen)!!!
Another great day....we are on target to have enough completed to move in June.
Our next work practice will be on Saturday April 16 and Sunday April 17 to complete the insulation and sheet rock projects. If that gets finished we will start cleaning the ceiling.
Thank you and many bows,