Foundations: Online Course In Buddhism
October 29, 2022 - June 10, 2023
Begins Nov 5, (Orientation Oct 29)
What did the Buddha teach? How is it relevant and lived in our time here and now? In this online course we will investigate the foundational teachings of Shakyamuni Buddha. Through a mix of presentation, small group discussion, and meditation practices we will explore the insights of the Buddha, the history and context of his teaching, and how the awakening insights are alive here and now. Begins November.
Goals for the course
- Exploring the story of the foundational teachings of Buddhism found in the Pali Canon.
- Nurture a community of committed people of the Buddha Way.
- Provide a way for people to deepen their personal practice and awaken.
- Commitment to attend monthly Saturday class. This is not a drop-in class.
- Preparation (readings, video or audio talks) between classes.
- ZCO membership (or membership with an affiliated community like Sangha Jewel Temple in Corvallis.)
- Completion of registration.
- The program is at no cost, but donations to ZCO are appreciated.
Schedule of Saturday classes (10am – noon)
- October 29, 2022 (Orientation, 1oam – 11am)
- November 5, 2022
- December 3, 2022
- January 7, 2023
- February 11, 2023
- March 11, 2023
- April 8, 2023
- May 13, 2023
- June 10, 2023
- The Buddha’s Awakening and Your Awakening
- The Path
- Dependent Arising
- Kamma (Karma): What We Do Matters
- Lay Practice: Practicing in The World
- The Four Foundations of Mindfulness
Teachers present on core topics Each gathering includes breakout groups and experiential teachings. Support material compiled by the instructors will be shared as e-documents. These materials will support the deeper exploration of the theme of the particular gathering
The course will be led by Zen Teacher Bansho and Dharma Holders Shonin and Enryu.
If you have questions about this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Patrick Bansho Green
Darah Shonin Ashton
Anusha Enryu Fernando