Zen Community of Oregon Covid Policy
Great Vow (updated 3/29/2023)
Sunday morning program is open and testing is not required. We strongly recommend a covid vaccination. If you are feeling at all ill, please do not attend.
You can also join via Zoom or YouTube. To join online click here.
Retreats are open for in-person attendance with testing. See below for our testing requirements. You can also join us online.
- Vaccination is strongly recommended for attendance at sesshin or other retreats, and for monastery residency.
- Take a rapid test immediately prior to driving to the monastery when coming to a retreat, please photograph the results.
- If you are feeling ill, have been in close contact with someone who is ill or tested positive for Covid, please stay home.
Heart of Wisdom (updated 4/31/2023)
Masks are encouraged at Heart of Wisdom for in-person meditation.
At Heart of Wisdom masks are optional.
This announcement is based on the most current guidelines by the City of Portland and public health guidance from the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Multnomah County, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Covid policies for Heart of Wisdom:
1. Vaccinations are encouraged.
2. If you are sick or live with someone who feels sick; if you have a recent positive Covid test or have potentially been exposed to Covid, please join us via zoom and do not come in person.
3. We will maintain ventilation in the Zendo. Dress appropriately.
4. We will ask people to take a rapid covid test prior to a day long event.
As circumstances change we will update our policies.
More information about regular meditation at the temple is on the calendar page.